Separate Tables is a drama film based on two one-act plays by Terence Rattigan that were collectively known by this name.
During the off-season at the Beauregard Hotel, the secrets of some guests are exposed. Lovely but vulnerable Ann Shankland travels to the hotel in hopes of starting over with her ex-husband, John, but she does not know that he is already engaged to Pat Cooper, the manager of the hotel. Meanwhile, Mrs. Railton-Bell and her daughter Sibyl discover the hidden truth about war veteran Major Pollack.
- Released in British cinemas February 12, 1959
- Broadcast on British television December 14, 1985 on BBC 2
The international stage success seen by more than 42 million people in 145 cities all over the world!
Notable Cast & Crew
- Rita Hayworth – “Anne Shankland”
- Deborah Kerr – “Sibyl Railton-Bell”
- David Niven – “Major David Angus Pollock”
- Burt Lancaster – “John Malcolm”
- Wendy Hiller – “Pat Cooper”
- Rod Taylor – “Charles”
Find out more
Based on the stage play Separate Tables
*The 20th Century in Sound & Vision is not responsible for these websites